Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TV

I used to be a huge TV addict. Before I had kids (and when they were too small to know what I was doing) I would watch TV every day.  In fact, I watched so much TV that I deemed the DVR a necessity in my life. That way I could record any shows that happened to be on simultaneously while also being free to hold down a 9 to 5 job and go out for the occasional drink. Somehow that's all stopped.

I had a rare evening at home alone tonight. I figured I'd sit down and see what was on the DVR.  I started at the top of the list (well almost the top, there are couple episodes of Buffy that I recorded last year some time that I've been hanging on to.) It was House. And there were Michelle Bachman campaign commercials on (not her wanting to get elected, just her saying mean things about someone who did.)

So, turns out I haven't watched TV since October.

Not technically true, cause any new Dr. Who episode gets watched instantly. And the kids force me to watch Little Bear with them at least once a week. But Jeez. How did I ever manage to keep up with all those other, slightly less awesome shows? And. How do I not miss all the stuff that I used to find so unmissable that I paid large amounts of money for cable and DVR?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you put your two cents.