Saturday, October 9, 2010

You can identify me by my rash.

fun fact: I'm wicked allergic to those plastic hospital bracelets.

I was in the hospital for two days when Merry was born and my whole left arm was a giant swollen hive after the first day. So on the second day they moved the ID bracelet to my other arm. Same thing happened to that one. I came home with Percocet for the C-section pain, but I only wanted to take it for the itching.

But this summer when I went to my high school reunion and we all met up at a bar, I didn't think twice when the bouncer put one of those plastic I-am-old-enough-to-drink-alcohol bracelets on me.  I woke up the next day with another nasty arm rash. That was the beginning of August. I still have a strip of pale, suntanless skin there.

No punch line to this story. Just letting you know. If I ever get hit by a bus and I'm in a coma in the hospital, DON'T let them put one of those bracelets on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you put your two cents.