Monday, October 25, 2010

Girl Talk

There are times when it's difficult to be the only woman in a house full of guys. I mean, there's Merry, but she's three and not much good at girlfriend talk yet. Eric's great but he's just not good at the girly. There's no one to talk to about clothes, or make up or boys. I've always wanted to have that one close girlfriend who I could share everything with. The one who I could call anytime and talk to about last night's Grey's Anatomy. She would always know what I was thinking, she would be the Miranda to my Carrie. Except I think I'm more of a Miranda. Anyway. We would be so in sync that we would start to have our lady times together and we would share a bag of potato chips and commiserate about cramps and bloating.

I don't have that.

I do, however, have Eric's dog Cassie. She's not a fan of Grey's Anatomy, she's not much of a shopper, and she doesn't have much to say on the subject of make up. But. Right now we could be doing a bit of commiserating, if you know what I mean. Although I'm pretty sure if I shared a bag of chips with her she'd shit in my bed.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you find someone to commiserate with about bloating...? Either way, adorable picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could provide more comfort to you during those lady times, as I wish I could for Cassie. She really does seem sad these past few days. She doesn't appear to feel fresh, or free, like those women in the maxi pad commercials. But I don't know if one of those pads women used in the '50s with the belt on them would help. Or some kind of a dog diaper. Who, besides a breeder, doesn't get their dog fixed? (BTW, the last deleted post was from me, it had typos, and I look bad enough already, being an insensitive male and such.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're marriage is riveting. Have you noticed I'm moving in yet? Also, I need tiaras for my cats. STAT. Also, maybe a tiara for your uterus would make it feel better during girlie time. Come to think of it, that's probably how they invented IUDs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww. :-) Now THAT's a sweet pup -- and a great picture of both of you.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would never poop on your bed.
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kelly, You will always be the Miranda to my ... Miranda. I'm going to move across the city to be close to you so I can just waltz in your back door unannounced at all hours and pour my heart out to you. Just like on TV.

    And when I say waltz in your back door I mean the door to your house. Not your pooper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwwww I love the picture and Cassie is adorable in her tiara! Ever looking for a Charlotte, I'm friendless in Hugo!
    I too have no girls in my home or friends around to chat with or commiserate with. Call me some time....763-221-4453
    Amy~

    ReplyDelete

Here's where you put your two cents.