Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pantsless

I'm only sort of a single mom.

It's true in the sense that I am no longer married to my children's father. Nor am I married to anyone else. I'm not alone; Eric and I have been together for two years now, but since we each have two kids of our own, and every single one of them could be considered a handful, we don't do a lot of co-parenting.

The point I'm trying to make here is that when I have my kids, I have my kids. I've never hired a babysitter. Ever. I don't run to the grocery store without them, or go jogging, or go to work without loading them into the car and taking them to daycare-preschool-kindergarten.

But I did this morning. They are both starting new schools next week and are done with their old school, and Eric had a little free time and offered to hang out with them today.

So this morning I kissed my children goodbye as they sat on the couch in their pajamas watching cartoons and left the house for work. I guess I've done that once or twice before, but it still feels so weird.

Like I forgot something important at home. Like my wallet. Or my pants.

4 comments:

  1. No worries. :-) They know they are safe, and they know you are coming back.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I read this post, because I went out jogging and then remembered I'd left them at home. See? Nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. Seriously you two are Abbott and Costello. But more attractive, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Here's where you put your two cents.